Friday, May 14, 2010

Summer Readin'

Here are two books on my summer reading list

1. In The Heart of the Sea-By Nathaniel Philbrick
This book is a true story about a group of sailors on the whaling ship Essex that are forced to fight for their lives after their vessel sinks, that eventually claims the lives of all but eight men. I chose this book because I really enjoy history and reading true non-fiction stories that are exciting. Plus, these kinds of books are almost always well written, guaranteeing an enjoyable experience.

2. The Battle for Skandia-John Flanagan(Ranger Apprentice Series)
This is the fourth novel in a series of fantasy books set in a medival time period about a teen(Will) that becomes apprenticed to a archer (Ranger) named Halt, who are thrown into myriad of battles and adventures. My fifth grade teacher Mrs. Currie read the first book to us, and I was instantly hooked. I read the next two in sixth grade and haven't touched the books since, so I feel it's time to catch up on some great action literature!

1 comment:

  1. dude sweeet choice, battle for skandia is a awsome book, i read it cause i was medieval crazy in middle school, but that book is really good i tihnk you would enjoy it

    ReplyDelete